At the end of EYFS, staff complete the EYFS profile for each child where pupils are assessed against the 17 early learning goals. The EYFS staff member regularly discuss children’s progress and plan their next steps accurately. Children’s reading is assessed using the RWI assessments every half term and children are re-grouped based on their assessment outcomes.
The impact we expect is;
- High levels of engagement and motivation demonstrated from children which supports them to become lifelong learners.
- Confident and capable readers who demonstrate a love of reading.
- Positive links with parents.
- Children demonstrating the characteristics of effective learning who are well prepared for the next stage in their learning.
- Children who feel happy, safe and enjoy coming to school.
- Children who access a balanced and challenging curriculum regardless of their background, needs or abilities.
- Children are supported by adults that are well-trained and passionate about providing the best education for every child.
- Children make strong progress from their starting points and are offered a broad curriculum which meets each child’s unique needs.
Our hope is that all our children believe in their own abilities, which will allow them to develop perseverance, teamwork, curiosity, thoughtfulness and resilience, along with becoming successful in their own school journey and beyond. The impact of our curriculum will be measured by how effectively it helps our pupils develop into well rounded individuals who embody our values and carry with them the knowledge, skills and attitudes which will make them lifelong learners and valuable future citizens.